10 Travel Essentials for the Fitness Minded Babe-on-the-Go
Going out of town for the new year? I’ll be the first to admit that it is not always easy to stick to your exercise regimen away home. Having access to fitness gyms, studios or classes while going out of town would be great, but let’s be real. That’s not always an option, especially when traveling with family and friends.
Selecting a hotel with a gym would be another fabulous choice, but it’s not always feasible. Fortunately, there are a variety of luggage-friendly fitness items and supplies that will allow you to travel without skipping out on your GTL routine (Gym. Tan. Laundry. Yes, I just made a Jersey Shore reference.)
Here are some of my favorites that are totally worth the investment:
1. BOOTY BANDS: Great for all sorts of lower body workouts. I travel with medium and heavy bands.
Favorite Brand: X BANDS
2. RESISTANCE BANDS: Great for upper, lower and FULL body workouts. I travel with a heavy duty band kit.
Favorite Brand: X BANDS
3. JUMP ROPE: Great for cardio and easy to take anywhere!
Favorite Brand: SWEAT Skipping Rope
4. ANKLE WEIGHTS: A great way to add even more intensity to your strength or cardio training. Perfect for high intensity workouts.
Favorite Brand: SWEAT Ankle Weights
5. BLOW UP EXERCISE BALL + PUMP: Hello CORE work! I love working my abs, so these are a must. I usually travel with a 45cm and 65cm ball)
Favorite Brand: Trideer (comes in sizes: 45cm-85cm)
6. LIGHT, STURDY + COMFORTABLE SHOES: Shoes are CRUCIAL. I will usually travel in my Nikes. That way I do not have to worry about fitting an extra pair in my luggage.
Favorite Brand: Nike Juvenate Sneaker
7. CORE SLIDERS: More AB work. YAY! These are great for your core and upper body.
Favorite Brand: Bodvera Gliding Discs
8. BLENDER BOTTLE: Lightweight, compact and can even fit in your purse or backpack!
Favorite Brand: Blender Bottle Pro32 Shaker Bottle
9. BCAA’S: Great for during your workout and after! It helps with muscle recovery and gives you energy.
Favorite Brand: Scivation Xtend BCAA-Pineapple
10. EXERCISE APPS: iPhone, iPad, Surface - you name it. If you are looking for workout guidance, I always suggest downloading a workout app that fits your goals and exercise needs. From Yoga to HIIT, there truly is an app for everything. I personally have set, customized workout PDF’s that I load onto iBooks. Easy to pull up and navigate through.
Pack your suitcases and bags with these travel-friendly fitness items to ensure you’re always gym ready, wherever you go.
Pegah is a NASM CPT, a lead Indoor Cycling Instructor for a boutique cycling studio and Women's Fitness Specialist. She is extremely passionate about nutrition. Having struggled with orthorexia for six years, she has a heart for women of all ages who have or has had an eating disorder. In 2015, she made peace with her body and decided it was time to make a change. Thanks to her faith and support of her loved ones, she overcame this, discovered self-love, body positivity and balance. It is now her goal to help women and be there for them throughout their specific journeys.