18 Things you have to do in SF During the Holidays
4, Throw a holiday brunch party on December 9th that starts at your place and ends in a pub crawl for SantaCon. Remember, dressing up is a must.
6. Treat yo self to brunch at the Palace Hotel. The Palace Hotel turns into a holiday wonderland each year, offering tea with Santa every Saturday in December. Spoil yourself at one of six brunch seatings on Christmas Day, in either the Grand Ballroom or the fabulous 19th century Garden Court. With an upscale buffet as opposed to a standard meal (think crepes and a carving station), its Yuletide grandeur befits both the occasion and the surroundings.
10. The Nutcracker is the iconic holiday ballet, and no one performs it better than the San Francisco Ballet, where the classic ballet made its American debut in 1944. The local version is set in the City by the Bay, during the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exhibition. Performances start in mid-December and continue through the end of the month and all the details are on the SF Ballet website.
11. Join one of the Illuminate SF, Festival of Lights walking tours
12. Watch the Lighted Boat Parade at @Pier39 and Fishermans Wharf on December 15th
13. Get in the holiday spirit by attending Tis the Season SF, an event celebrating local influencers, small businesses, entrepreneurs and organizations committed to empowering Bay Area Women. Your ticket includes a DIY bespoke holiday bouquet by BloomThat, bites and libations. This event is hosted by One Fine Day SF, SF Wine Society and Girl & The Bay at Real Old Paper in North Beach.
14. See the beloved holiday hit Home Alone on the big screen like you never have before, with John Williams’ exuberant score performed live by the San Francisco Symphony and unforgettable carols sung live by three children’s choruses in a special guest appearance at Davies Symphony Hall.
15. Visit Ghirardelli Square and try one of their holiday menu items, like the peppermint bark sundae